This is Kimberly from iTiMiNak Productions. I wanted to make one thing extremely clear, #blacklivesmatter. As black people in the United States (and around the world), we've had to deal with the implications of systemic racism, systemic oppression, and a STRONG misunderstanding of our culture. Not only are these things built into the foundations of the systems that governs us, but we have to go out into the world and exist as normal, as if nothing is happening or worrying us. We are just trying to survive in this system not made for us and we've become unhealthily numb. The sheer fact that someone feels more powerful than the next person because of skin color is unreasonable and should be reckoned with.
I want to make it clear that iTiMiNaK Productions takes a strong stance against systemic racism and we want to do what we can to empower the community. But what can we as individuals do to take a stand against this prevalent issue?
1. If you can go protest, GO!
2. Get your company/job involved - they should in no way be silent on this manner.
3. Join/Support/Donate to an organization that takes a stand against racism/systemic oppression.
4. EDUCATE! Some people aren't aware of their history or they just need education to have more power to move about this world.
5. Support black owned businesses!!
6. Don't stop fighting until this world is a better place for generations far past our own.
If you have questions/suggestions/need to talk, please either send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a note to us on our website at itiminak.com. We want to be here for you as much as we can, so we will try our hardest to get back with you as quickly as possible. Please stay safe and we love you all!